Creating non-clickable menu placeholders
Lets say you want to create a grouping of menu items, but don’t want the parent to be clickable (a placeholder to indicate what the following nested items will be). For example:
In this example, School Health Index, Youth Surveys, and Data & Statistics are there as placeholders, but cannot be clicked. To achieve this same thing in your menu, do the following:
- Log in to your site account.
- In the left-hand (black) Admin Menu area, mouse over Appearance, and then select Menus
- If necessary, use the drop-down to choose the menu you want
- Expand Custom Links and use a # for the URL, and whatever text you want for the placeholder:
- Click on Add to Menu
- Drag it into the proper place and add/move items under it so they are slightly indented:
- Click on Save Menu, and you are finished!