The Certification Investigation Review is provided by the Certification Investigations’ Office of the Nebraska Department of Education. The documents set forth herein are copies of orders and reprimands issued by the State Board of Education, the Commissioner of Education, or the Nebraska Professional Practices Commission, involving Nebraska certificate holders, and copies of voluntary surrenders executed by Nebraska certificate holders, all of which are public records.
While every effort has been made to produce an exact replica of the order, reprimand, or voluntary surrender as it exists, the Nebraska Department of Education cannot guarantee the accuracy and completeness of the documents herein. A copy of the original written version of the documents herein is available by making a written request to the Certification Investigations’ Office, Nebraska Department of Education, P. O. Box 94933, Lincoln, NE 68509-4933. If you have any questions, comments, or corrections, email may be addressed to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
Certification Investigation Review
Instructions for Preparing a Complaint
NDE Certification Investigations’ Office
- If you are filing a Complaint against more than one person, a separate form should be used for each person. If you have more than one complaint against the same person, you should use one form and describe each incident in the third paragraph. As the Complainant, your name and address must appear in the blanks at the top of the first page on the left hand side of the Complaint. Also your name, address, and telephone number should appear in the first paragraph.
- The person against whom a Complaint is filed is called the Respondent and the Respondent’s name and address must appear at the top of the first page on the left hand side, below your name. Also list the Respondent’s name, address, and telephone number, if known, in the second paragraph.
- In the third paragraph, please list the facts which you believe constitute a violation of professional conduct and ethics. Use additional sheets as necessary and number each page.
- In the fourth paragraph, list individually the full name, address, and telephone number of each witness able to testify as to the alleged incident.
- Your signature should appear after the fourth paragraph and you should sign the “verification” paragraph and have your signature notarized.
- Mail the completed complaint form, through regular United States Mail, to: Certification Investigations’ Office, P.O. Box 94933, Lincoln, NE 68509-4933.
- If you have any questions, please telephone the Certification Investigations’ Office at (402) 471-0730.
- A blank complaint form may be printed and filled out, you can complete the form online, or you may complete an English-only fillable complaint form. The digital versions will also need to be printed and signed. Detailed instructions for completion of the form are included in 92 NAC 28 (Nebraska Department of Education Rule 28).
The purpose of the Certification Investigations’ Office is to ensure that individuals who hold a certificate issued by the Nebraska Department of Education adhere to the standards of professional conduct and ethics as set forth in Title 92, Nebraska Administrative Code, Chapter 27 (Rule 27). A Standards of Conduct and Ethics for Holders of Public School Certificates pamphlet is available.
Pursuant to Title 92, Nebraska Administrative Code, Chapter 28 (Rule 28), the Department is authorized to receive, investigate, and prosecute complaints against Nebraska school certificate holders. Complaint forms filed with the Department may ultimately result in disciplinary action being taken against the certificate holder. For more information, a Procedural Guidelines Pamphlet is available.
You may also search for whether an individual holds a current Nebraska certificate through the Teacher Certification Educator Certificate and Application Lookup Site.
P.O. Box 94933, Lincoln NE 68509