White Chicken Chili
Recipe Courtesy of Harvest of the Month
Photo Courtesy of FOOD-HERO
- Vegetable oil - 0.33 cups
- Diced cooked chicken - 6.25 lbs
- Onions, diced - 3.75 lbs
- Garlic powder - 3 Tbsps
- Local great northern beans, dried pre-cooked* (2.5 -3 lb dried beans, uncooked) - 6.25 lbs
- Chicken broth - 2.75 qts
- Canned mild green chilies, diced - 3.75 lbs
- Ground cumin - 1.33 Tbsps
- Dried oregano leaves - 2 Tbsps
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper - 1.5 tsps
- Nonfat sour cream - 3 lbs
- Nonfat or 1% milk - 3 cups
- Heat oil in a large stock pot, steam kettle, or tilt skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions in the oil until softened, then add the chicken and garlic powder.
- Add the beans, chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, oregano, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, partially covered, for 30 minutes. Critical Control Point: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Just before service stir in the sour cream and milk. Serve 1 cup portions using an 8-ounce ladle or spoodle.
Critical Control Point: Hold for hot service at 135°F or higher.
*See Dry Bean Preparation
50 servings makes 30 lbs
8 fl. oz ladle
Meal Pattern Contribution