Taco De Pescado (Fish Taco)
- Pollock, breaded rectangle, 3 oz - 50 eachs
- Local cabbage, green, fresh, shredded - 2 lbs
- Local tomato, fresh, chopped - 3.75 lbs
- Cilantro, fresh, finely chopped - 1 cup
- Salsa, mild - 2 qts
- Tortilla, whole wheat, 10” - 50 eachs
- Lime, fresh, quartered - 12 1/2 eachs
1. Preheat oven at 325°F.
2. Pan out the Pollock pieces on sheet pans. Bake in the oven until lightly brown, for about
20 minutes. Critical Control Point: Heat to 145°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
3. Serve in a tortilla 2 Tbsp shredded cabbage, 2 Tbsp chopped tomato, one 3-oz Pollock
and 2 – 2½ tablespoons of salsa. Top with 1 teaspoon of chopped cilantro for garnish.
Serve with a lime wedge.
4. Serve 1 taco per child.
Critical Control Point: Hold for hot service at 135°F or higher.
Note: You can substitute half the green cabbage with purple cabbage to add color to the
dish. Radish is an excellent garnish to this taco! Slice them up and throw them in!