Roasted Potato Salad
Recipe Courtesy of USDA Mixing Bowl
Photo Courtesy of Harvest of the Month
- Fresh onions, chopped - 6 ozs
- Fresh red bell peppers, diced 1/4” - 2.25 lbs
- Dijon mustard - 1 1/3 Tbsp
- Garlic powder - 1 1/3 Tbsp
- Fresh thyme, leaves only - 2 Tbsps
- White wine vinegar - 1 1/2 cup
- Olive oil - 10 Tbsps
- Salt - 1 1/3 Tbsp
- Ground black pepper - 2 1/2 tsps
- Local fresh red potatoes, washed, unpeeled, cubed 2½” - 10 lbs
- Dressing: Combine onions, peppers, mustard, garlic powder, thyme, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir well. Set aside for step 5.
- Place 5 lb potatoes on a sheet pan (18” x 26” x 1”) lined with parchment paper and heavily coated with pan release spray. (For 50 servings, use 2 pans. For 100 servings, use 4 pans.)
- Bake until tender: Conventional oven: 425° F for 20 minutes. Convection oven: 400° F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Place warm potatoes in 4″ steam table pans. Pour dressing over potatoes. Toss well to coat evenly.
Critical Control Point: Cool to 41° F or lower within 4 hours.
Portion with No. 6 scoop (⅔ cup).
Critical Control Point: Hold at 41° F or below.
50 servings makes 13 lbs
Meal Pattern Contribution