Recipe Courtesy of Harvest of the Month
Photo Courtesy of Harvest of the Month
- Local fresh asparagus, washed, trimmed - 10.5 lbs
- Vegetable oil - 6 Tbsps
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Grated parmesan cheese - 7 ozs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash asparagus spears and trim off the tough ends. Cut asparagus into 3-inch lengths.
- Place asparagus in a large container. Add the oil, parmesan, salt and pepper, and toss to coat the asparagus pieces.
- Place asparagus in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan being careful not to overcrowd the pan. For 48 servings use 6 full-size sheet pans, for 96 servings use 12 full-size sheet pans.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the asparagus pieces are lightly browned and blistered. Critical Control Point: Heat to 140°F or higher.
- Serve ½ cup portions using a #8 scoop or ½ cup spoodle.
Critical Control Point: Hold for hot service at 135°F or higher.
48 servings makes 10 lbs
#8 scoop or 1/2 cup spoodle
Meal Pattern Contribution