Berry Melon Summer Salad
Recipe Courtesy of Harvest of the Month
Photo Courtesy of https://www.pexels.com/photo/red-strawberries-and-cantaloupe-1108716/
- Vanilla yogurt, low-fat - 2 qts
- Honey - 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 2.5 Tbsps
- Fresh strawberries, cleaned and halved - 2 lbs
- Fresh blueberries, rinsed - 2 pts
- Local watermelon, cleaned and cubed - 1.25 qts
- Local cantaloupe, cleaned and cubed - 1.25 qts
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vanilla yogurt, honey, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Combine the watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries, and strawberries in a full pan.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the fruit and gently toss to coat.
- Serve using a #8 scoop (1/2 cup).
Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 41°F or lower, same day service.
50 servings makes 13 lbs
Meal Pattern Contribution