June 25, 2008
NEBRASKA CAREER EDUCATION AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Nebraska Career Education recently presented its 2008 awards to Nebraska education, business and non-profit organization leaders. The award recipients were nominated for their commitment to quality career education.
The following Nebraska Career Education Awards were presented:
Elaine Stuhr Leadership and Advocacy Award
- Dr. Lavern Franzen, president of Central Community College
Distinguished Partner Awards
- Jennifer Clark, director of Public Affairs, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- Beth Haas, program coordinator, Nebraska Restaurant Association
- Jann Rouzee, Tech Prep/School Outreach, Western Nebraska Community College
Outstanding Business/Industry Partnership Awards
- BAE Systems in Bellevue - Alice Klein, manager of Software Engineering National Security Solutions, accepted the award.
- Box Butte General Hospital in Alliance - Pam McDonald, Human Resources, and Jane McConkey, Health Administration, accepted the award.
- Brehmer Manufacturing in Lyons - Joe Brehmer, president, accepted the award.
- Cengage Learning, a publishing company - Allison Oestmann-Bauer, sales representative, accepted the award.
- Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney - Karen Crocker, director of education, accepted the award.
- Union Pacific Railroad in North Platte - Pat Wood, supervisor of technical training locomotive mechanics SCT, accepted the award.
Outstanding Nebraska Career Education Program Award
- Norfolk Public Schools in Norfolk - Pamela Wright, Mickie Mueller and Steve Morton accepted the award.
The award recipients were recognized during the Nebraska Career Education conference, an annual three-day professional development event attended this year by more than 600 career education instructors, counselors, administrators and business/industry representatives from Nebraska.