July 5, 2018
ATTENTION ALL NDE PORTAL USERS:
Please log onto your portal accounts and go to the “My Profile” tab and check to make sure your contact information (especially the email address) is up to date. It is very important to keep this information updated as the Department of Education uses the email address that is in the users’ Portal account to send vital information. Thank you!!
New Superintendents – 2018-2019 School Year
Contact: NDE Helpdesk (888-285-0556 or email@example.com)
If your district/system has a new Superintendent for the 2018-2019 School Year, please have them:
- Register for an NDE Portal account if they do not already have an account. If they already have an account with another district, this account can follow them to their new position.
- If they are needing to create an NDE Portal account, they will use the blue Register link on the left-hand side of the Home Page of the Portal and select their own Login ID & Password.
- Once the account has been created or to modify their current account, they will need to contact the NDE Helpdesk to get set up on the Portal as the new District Administrator for your district/system.
The exiting Superintendent/District Administrator will need to:
- Remove their access to the collections for the district they are leaving. This is done under the Edit/Remove link to the left of each collection they have access to in their Portal account.
- They will also need to remove the District Administrator activation code from their account under the “My Profile” Please contact the NDE Helpdesk if assistance is required for any of these steps.
2018-2019 McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Competitive Grant – DUE DATE: July 16
Contact: Cathy Mohnike (402-471-1419 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
The 2018-2019 McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Competitive grant application was available in the GMS system on Friday, June 1 and will be due by midnight on Monday, July 16.
IDEA Maintenance of Fiscal Effort (MOE) Eligibility Standard for Special Education CLOSES: July 18
Contact: Pete Biaggio (402-471-4308 or email@example.com)
School district eligibility for receipt of Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA Part B) funds are contingent upon maintaining fiscal effort from year to year. Districts are to report within this application estimated special education expenditures, receipts, and resident child counts to establish eligibility for the receipt IDEA Part B funds through the Grant Management system (GMS) during the 2018-2019 year.
SPED IDEA Consolidated Application (GMS) – CLOSES: July 18
Contact: Susie Pierce ( 402-471-4333 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
The 2018-2019 SPED IDEA Consolidated application is scheduled to open in the GMS Friday, June 1 with a due date of July 18 (11:59 p.m. CDT). Check the GMS logon page for any updates https://nde.mtwgms.org/NDEGMSWebv02/logon.aspx .
2018-2019 Early Childhood State Continuation Grants – DUE DATE: July 23
Contact: Kristine Luebbe (402-471-1860 or email@example.com)
The 2018-2019 Early Childhood State Continuation Grant application is open for specified districts for continuation of current grant funds in GMS and is due to NDE by July 23.
2018-2019 SPED Planning Region Team (PRT) Grant – DUE DATE: August 1
Contact: Cole Johnson (402-471-4318 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
The 2018-2019 SPED Planning Region Team (PRT) Grant application is open in the GMS and due to NDE August 1