Nebraska Entry Teaching Permit
A Nebraska Entry Teaching Permit is valid for teaching in the school system, public or private, that requests the issuance of the permit. Each Nebraska Entry Teaching Permit expires on August 31 following the third year following the year of issuance and may not be renewed. No individual may hold a Nebraska Entry Teaching Permit for a cumulative total of more than three school years.
The requirements for a Nebraska Entry Teaching Permit include the following:
- An application and fee in the TEACH system (Please note that registration for TEACH is required first; then an application can be submitted.)
- Official Transcript(s) show the completion of a Bachelor’s degree
- Educator Certificate – A valid teaching certificate or permit is required from another state and must show that the certificate or permit has been valid for at least one year.
- Institutional Verification – This form is used to show that a program was completed. The form is sent electronically to Nebraska colleges and universities.
- Submit a written request for the issuance of such permit from the superintendent of schools or the governing body of the school system in which the applicant intends to teach.
More information on how to send supporting documents can be found in the FAQ section of this website.
More Information Coming Soon!