Military Teaching Permit
This is a temporary certificated, valid for SIX MONTHS, and will be issued if the Human Relations Training requirement has not been met.
- Nebraska Certification only
- Bachelor degree
- A nonrenewable able three (3) year teaching permit issued to military personnel or spouse who is seeking employment as a teacher in Nebraska. Candidates staying beyond the three years must meet all requirements for a Nebraska teaching certification
- The permit allows individuals to delay some Nebraska requirements and start teacher employment.
- Submit online application https://online.nedoe.org and non-refundable fee. OR print, complete, sign, and date application found at education.ne/gov/tcert, mail with non-refundable fee (check or money order) to the Teacher Certification Office. AND
- Complete Record of Residence NDE 20-0017 form if you have lived in Nebraska for the immediate past five (5) years OR
- Request a fingerprint packet at email@example.com.
- Submit official transcripts for a pre-approved course to meet the Nebraska Human Relations Training requirement OR
- A written, verified, narrative of your K-12 employment experience provided you with the opportunity to acquire the six (6) skills.
Forms and Links