The Media Center, housed at the Early Childhood Training Center in La Vista, is home to over 7,000 items—books, DVDs, and journals—that address subjects such as early childhood care and education, child development, parents and families, children with special needs, language and literacy, guidance, child abuse and neglect, health and nutrition, safety, activities, and other diverse topics. We also have a small collection of children’s books which address issues such as death, divorce, disabilities, and siblings.
Materials can be requested by writing, telephone, fax, e-mail, or in person. When requesting, please include your name, address, phone number with area code and your type of work (home child care, K-3, college professor, occupational therapist, parent, etc.).
If you live within the state of Nebraska and work with young children and their families, or are a parent, you are invited to borrow materials from the Media Center.
The Early Childhood Training Center adheres to the following policies:
- Patrons may borrow up to three items at a time.
- All items may be borrowed for a period of three weeks.
- Materials may be renewed if not requested by another patron.
- Materials will be sent to you at no cost and will include prepaid return postage.
- Notices will be sent for overdue materials. Patrons will be billed for lost or damaged materials. Borrowing privileges will be temporarily suspended until materials have been returned or replaced. It is imperative that dates due be respected. Prompt return of materials is appreciated and helps us to fill requests in a timely manner.
- Materials can be sent to you or can be picked up. Materials can be reserved for you for a specific date.