Primary Objective: Establish a Future Ready coalition of interested and invested organizations and parties.
~ Identify and partner with business, community, professional and parent accociations and regional education associations to support Future Ready efforts.
~ Engage with higher education institutions to create a K – 16 vision for future readiness to support workforce-readiness efforts.
The Future Ready Nebraska Council has developed several goals to guide the work of this gear in Nebraska. These goals are listed below and will be further developed in the Nebraska Digital Learning and Ed. Tech. Plan which is currently under development.
- Develop a presentation to be used at professional conferences, webinars, and local planning events which will assist school administrative teams in getting started. Each committee member will present locally and at least one conference or webinar.
- Develop a template and specific guidelines to assist schools in forming a local community partnership committee with an initial mandate to identify local existing partnerships and define areas of need for future partnerships based on the goals of the Future Ready Nebraska Council, AQuESTT, and current School Improvement Process efforts.
- Create a process for identifying and describing examples of existing successful school-community partnerships across the state, to be used as a resource for such local committees.
- Develop an easily accessible “clearinghouse” of such resources which is searchable and includes categories, descriptions, and contact information.
- Support creation of robust partnerships with our student, parent, business, and city communities to advance our vision of developing future-ready students.
Budget & Resources
Primary Objective: Identify opportunities to reduce costs for technology procurement.
~ Integrate technology funding across grant and budget opportunities to establish sustainable models for technology procurement and replacement
~ Hire and train State Education Agency staff with appropriate education technology skills across all offices and functional areas
~ Establish purchasing consortia or other opportunities to help districts to take advantage of procurement at scale
~ Support E-rate reimbursement
The Future Ready Nebraska Council has developed several goals to guide the work of this gear in Nebraska. These goals are listed below and will be futher developed in the Nebraska Digital Learning and Ed. Tech. plan which is currently under development.
- Develop a system to identify and prioritize what needs to be funded, why it should be funded and looks at possible funding options.
- Provide the budget and resources necessary to ensure students have access support, and integration necessary to personalize learning and develop future- ready skills through the use of digital tools.
- Create a needs based system that ensures efficient, effective, equitable investment and implementation of digital tools and resources for all districts across the state.
- Investigate “Learning Return on Investment” through research and provide examples/case studies from successful digital learning programs that clearly illustrate how technology enables personalized learning and the development of 21st Century skills.
- Provide guidance for the development of sustainable technology plans.
Future Ready Nebraska
The Future Ready Nebraska Digital Learning and Ed Tech plan has been broken down according to the 7 seven gears. Click on the Gear above you wish to view to see the details for each.