Below you will find links to the Nebraska Department of Education Directory Search. Use this Directory as a resource to contact schools and staff members.The printed Nebraska Education Directory that has been published since 1892 has been discontinued due to a shortage of staff, resources and funds. At this point, what we have available is the electronic search.
Previous year’s directories can be accessed by using the Data and Information Archives page.
Directory Search Features
In this system you will be able to create a list of data from Directory Information for Nebraska districts, schools and staff similar to the previous year’s NDE Nebraska Education Directory.
- Quick lists ….
- Search for Districts/Systems or Schools
- Search for Staff
- Student counts
- School Staff Directory
P-20 Data System
LB 1071 (2010) required the Department of Education, University system, State Colleges, and Community Colleges to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to share data and establishes the NE P-20 Data Governance Council. The overall governance structure consists of the Data Governance Council, Management Team, Technical Group, and the Research Review Board. The primary purpose of the Technical Group is to ensure the infrastructure is operating to collect and store data and maintain the warehouse. The P-20 Technical Group consists of a Program Data Owner and a Data Technical person from each agency contributing data to the NE P-20 system. This website is a collection of resources and communication regarding postsecondary data collection.
Data Collection Timelines
|2018 School Year|
|September 15th, 2018||Student IDs created in Uniq-ID|
|September 15th, 2018||Postsecondary Terms entered into CDC|
|October 15th, 2018||ENROLLMENT, AWARDS and PERKINS files uploaded in PSDM|
|October 15th – November 1st, 2018||2-week review window|
|November 1st, 2018||Data is finalized|
Postsecondary File Specifications
Please contact Max Reiner, NDE IT Application Developer Senior, at 402.471.6751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions concerning postsecondary data submission or the P-20 Technical Group.
For a listing of all Department of Education data collections, click on a selection below
- For a complete list of NSSRS deadlines, refer to the NSSRS Calendar webpage NSSRS Resources.
- For CDC information, log into the NDE Portal (http://portal.education.ne.gov/site/DesktopDefault.aspx) and check for open collections.
- For other on-line forms, refer to the Data Collections tab in the NDE Portal. (http://portal.education.ne.gov/)
Data, Research and Evaluation reports can be downloaded in one of the following formats:
- PDF – Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view and/or print these reports.
- TXT – comma delimited ascii files can be imported into a variety of software programs, including many spreadsheet and database applications.
- XLS – for use with Microsoft Excel or compatible viewer.
There is no cost to download these reports. Printed copies of these reports are not available.
Data, Research, and Evaluation
Office of Data, Research, and Evaluation – Sections
- Application Development – Focusing on the development of IT applications to support data reporting and data use by School Districts and the general public.
- Data Collections – Integrating the collection, refinement and use of educational data to meet federal and state reporting requirements, ensuring effective integrations with programs, and working to publish a variety of useful reports are the primary responsibilities of the Data Collections section.
- Data Quality and Support – Supporting the work of the Department and School Districts with data collections and submissions, technical questions, as well support for the multiple interfaces with Nebraska Schools. The NDE Help Desk is a program within the Data Quality and Support section that provides users with a single, helpful, and friendly first point of contact for the Nebraska Department of Education web portal applications.
- Research and Evaluation – Focusing on conducting research and evaluation to provide a deeper understanding of the data, best practice, and supports for improving teaching and learning in Nebraska schools. The research group is also heavily involved in promoting the use of data and training for data literacy, analysis, and use among ESUs, districts, and schools.