Training Approval for Early Childhood Providers & Professionals
Approval for in-service hours is now available on the Nebraska Early Childhood Professional Record System (NECPRS).
See below for the various types of approval:
- Pre-Service Training: A written plan for department approval for a newly hired director or teacher who does not meet the Department of Health and Human Services qualifications. The Pre-Service Training Plan application can be accessed in NECPRS.
- Post Secondary Coursework to Annual Training Equivalencies: Approval for completed coursework from an accredited college or university for annual in-service hours in early childhood education, a designated related field, administration or related to the employee’s current role in the early childhood program. The Post Secondary Coursework Annual Training Equivalencies request can be found in NECPRS.
- Independent Study: Training for in-service hours completed individually.
There are two types of Independent Study:
1. Automatically Accepted list, these trainings do not require the completion of an Independent Study application.
2. Individuals who read a book, view a DVD/webinar, or complete a self-study (not listed on Automatically Accepted list) need to complete an Independent Study application in NECPRS for approval.
- Training Approval Application: Beginning July 23, 2014 all training used to meet the childcare licensing required pre-service and in-service hours for childcare licensing must be approved by the Nebraska Department Office of Early Childhood. Training Approval applications require a NECPRS account.
Training Approval for Early Childhood Trainers
The Training Approval application is now available on the Nebraska Early Childhood Professional Record System (NECPRS). Trainings must be submitted 30 days prior to the event.
3 Training Tracks
1. State required and NDE Created Trainings
Trainings that were created by the Nebraska Department of Education. Trainers must have attended a training of trainers along with a NECPRS Outside Trainer Orientation before delivering any of the following trainings:
- Safe with You
- Early Learning Guidelines
- Getting Down to Business
- Management Training
- Supervision of Children
- Read for Joy
- Special Care
If you have questions about these trainings please contact the Early Childhood Training Center, 402-557-6880.
2. Automatically Accepted Organizations
Organizations that have been vetted by the Nebraska Department of Education and do not need to go through the training approval process. These trainings need to be accounted for and must be registered on the Nebraska Early Childhood Training Calendar.
The Automatically Accepted process has been revised to consist of three categories, each have specific requirements:
- Accredited College and Universities
- Federal and Nebraska State Agencies
- Identified or Evaluated Organizations
Existing organizations and new organizations that fall within the new requirements must submit their profile or application by September 25, 2019. All documents must be submitted as one complete application.
Existing Automatically Accepted Organizations: Submit Organizational Profile
New Organizations: Submit Organizational Application
The new revised Automatically Accepted Early Childhood Training List will be published on October 1, 2019.
3. Training Approval
Training Approval only applies to those trainings used to meet pre-service and in-service hours required by childcare licensing that do not fit into one of the above categories. Organizations that provide these trainings must have them approved by the Nebraska Department of Education, Office of Early Childhood.