Early Childhood Professional
Training Approval for Early Childhood Providers & Professionals
Approval for in-service hours is now available on the Nebraska Early Childhood Professional Record System (NECPRS).
See below for the various types of approval:
- Pre-Service Training: A written plan for department approval for a newly hired director or teacher who does not meet the Department of Health and Human Services qualifications. The Pre-Service Training Plan application can be accessed in NECPRS.
- Post Secondary Coursework to Annual Training Equivalencies: Approval for completed coursework from an accredited college or university for annual in-service hours in early childhood education, a designated related field, administration or related to the employee’s current role in the early childhood program. The Post Secondary Coursework Annual Training Equivalencies request can be found in NECPRS.
- Independent Study: Training for in-service hours completed individually.
There are two types of Independent Study:
1. Automatically Accepted list, these trainings do not require the completion of an Independent Study application.
2. Individuals who read a book, view a DVD/webinar, or complete a self-study (not listed on Automatically Accepted list) need to complete an Independent Study application in NECPRS for approval.
- Training Approval: Beginning July 23, 2014 all training used to meet the childcare licensing required pre-service and in-service hours for childcare licensing must be approved by the Nebraska Department Office of Early Childhood. Training Approval applications require a NECPRS account.