Child Care Licensing
Child Care Licensing
The child care licensing web page can be found on the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services website at http://www.dhhs.ne.gov/publichealth/Pages/crl_childcare_childcareindex.aspx.
As you browse the various pages, you’ll see many great features:
- Description of licensing process for Family Child Care Home I, Family Child Care Home II, Child Care Centers and Preschools
- Contact information for Child Care Licensing staff
- Monthly listing of all licensed child care and preschool programs
- Information about all Specialists and Supervisors and their caseload
- Monthly Child Care Licensing Report (number of programs and license capacity)
- The Right Place brochure – A Guide to Choosing Quality Child Care
- The number of licensed programs and licensing capacity by state and county
You can use the Web site to:
- Download Family Child Care Home, Child Care Center and Preschool Licensing forms
- File complaints on-line
- Link to all Family Child Care Home, Child Care Center and Preschool Regulations
- E-mail your Child Care Resource Specialist
License Information System
Licensure information displayed on this Web site at: www.nebraska.gov/LISSearch/search.cgi is a true and correct copy of the State of Nebraska licensure database and includes Early Childhood licensure data. This database is updated nightly to reflect any changes. This site provides general information about the license of each Family Child Care Home I, Family Child Care Home II, Child Care Center , and Preschool.
This information includes Name on License (Name of Child Care/Preschool Program), Owner/Licensee, Address on License (Address of Child Care /Preschool Program), License Type, License Number, Date of Issuance, License Billing Date, License Status, Effective Date of Status, Reason for License Status, Ages of Children, Hours of Operation, Days of Week Open (Days of Operation), Telephone Number (Child Care /Preschool Program Telephone Number), Disciplinary Action taken against the license.
Online Roster of Licensed Child Care/Preschool Programs
It is now possible to access the roster of licensed child care and preschool program on line. The list is in zip code order and is updated each month. See the roster.
The roster is long, but all programs are in zip code order, starting with the lowest zip code in the state, Within each zip code, the licensed programs are in alpha order. The name, address, phone number, license type, license capacity, days/hours of operation, and license numbers are included. The entire roster or specific pages of the roster can be printed.
Please feel free to copy and distribute this information to the parents of the children you serve. Send question or comments about the Child Care Licensing Web Page, License Information System, or Child Care/Preschool Roster to:
Diane Kvasnicka, Child Care Licensing Administrator
Nebraska Health and Human Services Regulation and Licensure
P.O. Box 94986
Lincoln, NE 68509 -4986
Phone: (402) 471-9431
Fax: (402) 471-7763