Getting the Most Out of the Food Buying Guide
Getting the Most From the Food Buying Guide
Do you want to make sure that you are preparing enough food for all of your participants? Are you wanting to make better use of the USDA Food Buying Guide? Are you looking for a way to make calculating quantities easier?
If so, this workshop is for you! Center directors got a taste of this training during our annual workshops in 2011 and 2012. This extended three hour class is designed for day care center cooks and directors who are directly involved in food service.
- Overview of the USDA Food Buying Guide
- How much food do I prepare?
- How to calculate servings of fresh fruits and vegetables
- How to record quantities on the Daily Production Record
- How to interpret serving sizes on Child Nutrition labels
- How to determine quantities on breaded meat products
- How to make sure your commercial products are creditable
Space is limited at this training, so sign up today to reserve your space. This training is open only to centers that participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
This session is now closed. We will be offering it again in a few months.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Educational Service Unit No. 3
6949 S. 110th Street
If any participants require a sign language interpreter, alternate formats of print materials or wheelchair accessibility, please notify our office at least two weeks prior to the workshop date at (402) 471-2488 or (800) 731-2233.