Child Nutrition Reauthorization
Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act
- USDA FNS Website
- Resource and Guidance
- USDA Policy Memos – Complete List of all School Meals Policy Memos of the Food and Nutrition Service website.
Food Service & Nutrition
Milk – Dietary Guidelines for School Meals (Section 202)
- Fluid Milk provision from Section 202. Intent to increase fluid milk served in schools.
- SP 29-2011 Nutrition Requirements for Fluid Milk.pdf (4/14/11)
- E-mail broadcast on Nutrition Requirements for Fluid Milk from Bev Benes sent May 27, 2011 to School Food Authorities.
Water Availability – Competitive Foods (Section 203)
- SP 28-2011 Water Availability During National School Lunch Program Meal Service.pdf (4/12/11)
- Webinar: Putting the Act into Action “Strategies for Success: Making the Most of the New School Water and Milk Requirements” Reauthorization resource on Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) website.
Food Safety Audits and Reports by States (Sections 302, 402)
- SP 37-0011 Enhancing the School Food Safety Program.pdf (5/18/2011) (Section 402)
- SP 16-2011 Food Safety Inspection Reporting Requirements.pdf (1/25/2011) (Section 302)
Administration, Record Keeping & Finance
Interim Rule Direct Certification of Homeless, Migrant, and Runaway Children for Free School Meals. Federal Register Vol. 76 No. 79 April 25, 2011
- SP 13-2011 Letter method for Direct Certification.pdf (1/14/2011) (Section 101)
- SP 17-2011 Categorical Eligibility of Foster Children.pdf (3/16/11) (Section 102)
- SP32-2011 Direct Certification Benchmarks and Continuous Improvement Plans.pdf (4/28/11) (Section 101)
Free and Reduced Price Meal Applications
- Foster Children – SP 17-2011 Categorical Eligibility of Foster Children.pdf (3/16/2011) (Section 102)
- Privacy Protection – SP 19-2011 Privacy Protection and the Use of Social Security Numbers in Child Nutrition Programs.pdf (2/15/2011) (Section 301)
Updated August 22, 2017 7:08pm