reVISION Action Grant
The purpose of the reVISION Action grant is to improve, modernize, or expand career education programs to align with Nebraska’s economic priorities and workforce labor demands. The Perkins reVISION Action Grant program provides Perkins funds for secondary school districts to help implement the reVISION Action Plan developed in the reVISION process.
Applicants must have completed the reVISION process and filed their reVISION Action Plan with NDE. Districts are eligible to apply for a reVISION Action Grant for the three consecutive years following their initial reVISION process, regardless of whether or not they applied for or received an Action Grant award in a prior year.
Use of Funds
Grant activities proposed under the reVISION Action Grant must be directly related to the implementation of the reVISION Action Plan completed during the reVISION process. Only those activities that align with high-skill, high-wage, high-demand (H3) occupational preparation and are aligned with the following economic priorities of Nebraska as defined in SRI’s Nebraska’s Next Economy report will be considered for funding:
- Advanced Manufacturing (Precision Metals, Materials & Chemicals, Automotive & Transportation Equipment, Packaging)
- Agribusiness and Food Processing (Primary Agriculture, Food Processing, Agricultural Machinery, Agricultural & Food Related Wholesale)
- Biosciences (Agricultural Bioscience, Medical Bioscience)
- Business Services (Legal & Accounting Services, Management of Companies & Enterprises, Business Process Outsourcing & Employment/Temporary Services, Business Support & Security Services)
- Financial Services (Financial Institutions, Securities, Insurance)
- Health and Medical Services (Ambulatory Health Services, Hospitals, Nursing & Residential Care)
- Renewable Energy (Renewable Energy Production, Environmental Consulting & Organization)
- Transportation and Logistics (Freight, Distribution, & Warehousing, Air Transportation, Rail Transportation)
Allowable activities under this grant include those that:
- Are targeted to overall CTE improvement and Program of Study changes; and
- Support the implementation of career guidance, entrepreneurship awareness and exploration, workplace experiences, career academies, and occupational-based professional development for teachers.
Click here to see a sample of activities that have been funded previously.
Grant funds may not be used to purchase instructional materials, equipment, or professional development for current CTE programs unless the proposed expenditures are addressed in the reVISION Action Plan and are aligned to H3 priorities. Funds may similarly not be used for general use equipment, broad, whole-school faculty professional development, or for students below grade seven. Only professional development opportunities and equipment that are directly connected to action items identified throughout the reVISION process and well detailed and justified in the reVISION Action Plan will be considered fundable.
Additionally, administrative expenditures are limited to 5% of the total budget and can be spent for meeting the general requirements of administering the grant (records retention, financial management). Any funds requested for personnel will be considered using the following scale: for year one applicants, 100% of a salary will be considered for funding; for year two applicants, 50% of a salary will be considered for funding; and for year three applicants, 25% of a salary will be considered for funding.
The Perkins Guidelines for use of Federal Perkins Funds as defined in the Nebraska Perkins Management Guide apply to these funds as well. In particular, no consumable items, furniture, or items that become part of a permanent structure may be purchased. Please click here for additional information related to allowable uses of funds.
The maximum amount of grant funds that may be requested is $50,000.
Watch here for the forthcoming 2019-2020 reVISION Action Grant Application.
A fillable Word version of the 2019-2020 application will also be available.