FFA State Fair
We at the Nebraska State Fair work hard to provide the best experience for our students and their families. If you are an exhibitor, parent, or supporter from a local chapter, your first line of contact is with the local FFA Advisor
Results & Sponsors
2019 All FFA Results by Chapter Revised
2019 FFA Agricultural Mechanics Results Revised
2019 FFA Crops & Range Boards Results Revised
2019 FFA Horticulture Results Revised
2019 FFA Herdsmanship Results
2019 FFA Beef Showmanship Results
2019 FFA Breeding Beef Results
2019 FFA Feeder & Market Beef Results
2019 FFA Goat Showmanship Results
2019 FFA Breeding Goat Results
2019 FFA Market Goat Results
2019 FFA Sheep Showmanship Results
2019 FFA Breeding Sheep Results
2019 FFA Market Sheep Results
2019 FFA Swine Showmanship Results
2019 FFA Breeding Swine Results
2019 FFA Market Swine Results Revised
2019 Nebraska State Fair – FFA Division Programs
2019 FFA Beef Showmanship Program
2019 FFA Goat Showmanship Program
2019 FFA Sheep Showmanship Program
2019 FFA Swine Showmanship Program
2019 FFA Breeding Beef Program
2019 FFA Market Goat Program
2019 FFA Breeding Goat Program
2019 FFA Feeder & Market Beef Program
2019 FFA Breeding Swine Program
2019 FFA Market Swine Program
2019 FFA Breeding Sheep Program
2019 FFA Market Lambs Program
2018 Results & Sponsors
2017 Results & Sponsors
2016 Results & Sponsors
2015 Results & Sponsors
2014 Results & Sponsors
2013 Results & Sponsors
2012 Results & Sponsors
2011 Results & Sponsors
2010 Results & Sponsors
Updates and Downloads
2019 FFA State Fair Animal Identification Requirements
|Market Beef||EID Tag, DNA Envelope & animal information submitted online via Showstock Manager database||April 15|
|Breeding Beef||Tattoo or EID Tag & animal information submitted online via Showstock Manager database||June 15|
|Feeder Calves||EID Tag & animal information submitted online via Showstock Manager database||June 15|
|Market Swine||EID Tag, DNA Envelope & animal information submitted online via Showstock Manager database||June 15|
|Breeding Swine||EID Tag & animal information submitted online via Showstock Manager database||June 15|
|Market Sheep||Scrapie Tag, DNA Envelope & animal information submitted online via Showstock Manager database||June 15|
|Breeding Sheep||Scrapie Tag & animal information submitted online via Showstock Manager database||June 15|
|Market Goats||Scrapie Tag, DNA Envelope & animal information submitted online via Showstock Manager database||June 15|
|Breeding Goats||Scrapie Tag & animal information submitted online via Showstock Manager database||June 15|
*Youth Dairy will follow the same identification requirements as in past years.
** The due date is when all tagging is to be finished, animal information should be submitted online via the Showstock Manager database, DNA collected and completed DNA Envelopes should be in the possession of the FFA Advisor. DNA Envelopes must be mailed to AKSARBEN Livestock Show no more than five days past this deadline without exception. The address for mailing is:
AKSARBEN Stock Show
P.O. Box 130
Grand Island, NE 68802-0130
2019 State Fair Livestock Nomination Proposal
County Staff/FFA Advisor Responsibilities:
- Request DNA collectors from the 4-H/FFA (Ryan Hassebrook) office.
- Distribute DNA collectors to families.
- Order EID tags from a tag supplier. Note: Exhibitors will need a premises ID prior to ordering 840 tags. While any tag supplier can be used, here are a couple options:
- Collect market beef DNA collectors by April 15. Copy each market beef DNA collector for county/chapter records and mail all completed DNA collectors to the AKSARBEN, postmarked by April 20.
- Collect market swine, market lamb, and market goat DNA collectors by June 15. Remind families that all breeding beef, breeding sheep and breeding doe online nominations are due by June 15. Copy each DNA collector for county/chapter records and mail all completed DNA collectors to the AKSARBEN, postmarked by June 20.
- Review all livestock entries submitted online by the exhibitors in your county or FFA Chapter. Check for complete animal nomination requirements per each species identification guidelines prior to validating each entry. Validate each completed entry after review. For any entries that require an edit, please note the edit in the nomination database.
- Inform families that all nominations have been uploaded and are available on ShoWorks for State Fair pre‐entries during the registration timeframe.
- Exhibitors order EID tags from a tag supplier. Note: Exhibitors will need a premises ID prior to ordering 840 tags. While any tag supplier can be used, here are a couple options:
- Exhibitors get DNA collectors from the county Extension office/FFA Advisor.
- Exhibitors collect the hair samples and fill out the DNA collector AND enter the required information from the DNA collectors for their market animals and breeding nominations in to the State Fair online nomination database by the required deadlines. Each DNA sample will have a fee that will be collected during the online nomination process
- Exhibitors will turn in the DNA collectors to the county Extension office/FFA Advisor.
- Exhibitors showing market animals at State Fair or AKSARBEN must have a signed and sealed official DNA collector with hair samples for DNA verification turned into their county office/FFA Advisor AND the required information submitted in the State Fair online nomination database by the appropriate deadline listed in the table. NOTE: Both the actual DNA collector (hair sample) and the online submission must be completed by the deadline in order for the entry to be valid; incomplete entries will not be allowed to exhibit.
- Exhibitors showing breeding beef, breeding sheep, breeding does and breeding swine at State Fair will be nominated with an online breeding nomination. Families will review each species identification guidelines in order to have the breeding nomination contain all necessary information for State Fair eligibility for their respected organization. Families will need to have completed the online breeding nomination by the June 15 nomination deadline. NOTE: The online submission must be completed by the deadline in order for the entry to be valid; incomplete entries will not be allowed to exhibit.
- Note: County paper affidavits for State Fair/AKSARBEN livestock entries is not a valid nomination and will not be accepted.
- Families will have until the nomination deadline to edit their information.
- Exhibitors will select which animal entries they have chosen to show at State Fair from a dropdown menu in ShoWorks. All validated animals will be automatically listed as a choice option for pre-entry registration in ShoWorks.
Terminal Show Information
Elite Showman Competition
The Nebraska Department of Agriculture, along with the Rural Radio Network, will be hosting the 13th Annual Elite Showman Competition on Saturday, September 1, 2018, at the Nebraska State Fair.
The competition is open to both 4-H and FFA youth.
Below are contest rules, the schedule, and a description of the events.
Livestock Ethics and Disclosure Form
Exhibitors and parents should complete this form and present it when checking in animals at the State Fair. This form replaces the IAFE form used for previous State Fairs.
Dairy Judging Information
The 2018 State FFA dairy judging contest will be held on Saturday, August 25, 2018, at Grand Island in conjunction with the Nebraska State Fair and is organized by Mike Roeber of Northeast Community College.
Please download the rules and registration document below to participate. With questions, please contact Mike at 402-750-8128 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FFA/4-H Youth Dairy Show
The 4-H and FFA Dairy shows have been combined into a Youth Dairy Show managed by the Nebraska State Fair. See the 4-H/FFA Dairy Show Information on the State Fair site.