High Ability Latest News
The Latest News
HAL Bulletin Announcement
High Ability Learners (HAL) Eligible
Contact: Becky Keilig (402-471-0737 or email@example.com)
The timeframe for editing “High Ability Learners Eligible” student data (field 129) in the 2016-2017 Student template is coming up on June 14, 2017, so now is the time to make sure your HAL students are correctly identified in NSSRS. Please visit (or have the Data Steward at your district) NSSRS Validations and verify the Student Verification reports: General and Miscellaneous – High Ability Learner Eligible.
Contact the help desk if you have any questions.
How to contact the NDE Helpdesk
There are three ways to contact the NDE Helpdesk with questions. All three ways get to the same place, so please only use one of these options.
- Submit a “Helpdesk Request” from your portal account. After logging into the NDE Portal, it is available in the upper right corner of the Collection Announcement page. This will be the fastest way to get your request to the NDE Helpdesk.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Toll Free: 888-285-0556 – Please leave your full name, organization, call back number, and a brief description of your question.
Please see below for the 2016-17 school year HAL reporting
2016-2017 High Ability Learners (HAL)
Contact: Becky Keilig(402-471-0737 or email@example.com)
For the 2016-17 school year, all High Ability Learners (HAL) reporting must once again be submitted through the NDE Portal under the “Data Collection Tab”. This application is due to NDE no later than September 1, 2017.
The HAL student count is coming from NSSRS, and if you do not think the count is accurate, you will need to update your data in the NSSRS Student Template. The pre-populated items and editing window is described below and included in the instructions on the online collection. Pre-populated values on the Base and Matching Funds application:
- Count of HAL eligible students from NSSRS – Students are identified as High Ability Learner Eligible in NSSRS in the Student Template. A ‘High Ability Learner Eligible’ student list is available on the NSSRS Validations website under Verification Reports/Student/General and Miscellaneous. Any changes made to HAL Eligible students in the NSSRS Student Template will be available in the HAL application the next day.
- Ten percent (10%) of October Snapshot Count from NSSRS – Membership is the K-12 student count pulled from NSSRS with changes due to Unifications and Dissolutions. A ‘Membership by Grade, Race and Gender’ report is available on the NSSRS Validations website under Verification Reports/Student/Membership and Attendance. Make sure to only count K-12, and make changes for Dissolutions and Unifications.
Districts will be able to make changes to their HAL Eligible students during the two windows for editing the NSSRS Student Template: August 1-10 and the window opens up again on August 23rd. Any changes made to HAL Eligible students in the NSSRS Student Template will be available in the HAL application the next day.