Use of Space & Time
Primary Objective: Create opportunities for districts to explore innovative classroom models.
~ Provide alternatives to seat-time that enable compentency based instructional models.
~ Create flexibility to enable anytime, anywhere instructional programs.
The Future Ready Nebraska Council has developed several goals to guide the work of this gear in Nebraska. These goals are listed below and will be further developed in the Nebraska Digital Learning and Ed. Tech. plan which is currently uder development.
- All students will have access to evidence-based curricular opportunities that meets their needs and interests.
- Learners in districts will be engaged in at least one course that is facilitated in an anywhere anytime learning environment.
- Create differentiated educational experiences that challenge and ensure mastery for all students through digital tools.
- Offer quality online and blended courses for students that include opportunities for students to demonstrate mastery of content in a variety of ways.
- Update school accreditation (Rule 10) to support anywhere, anytime learning approaches for students.
- Technology is leveraged in multiple ways to provide a student and staff centered learning environments.
- Educators across the state will have access to models of effective Digital Learning across time and space.