New Superintendent Orientation Materials
School District Budgeting
2017/18 New Superintendent Orientations
These Orientations are designed to assist “new” superintendents, business managers, and bookkeepers to gain a better understanding of school finance. All superintendents, business managers, and bookkeepers are also welcome to attend these Orientations to become more comfortable with the basics of school finance. These Orientations will be held at two sites:
Tuesday, July 18; 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Holiday Inn Express
300 Frontage Road
Thursday, July 20; 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Large Conference Room-5th Floor
Lincoln Community Foundation Bldg.
215 Centennial Mall South, Suite 100
Participants should bring the documents listed below to the Orientation. These documents will be referred to throughout the day.
- New Superintendent Orientation Materials
- 2017/18 School District Budget Form (Auditor of Public Accounts website)
- 2017/18 Budget Text
- 2016 Users’ Manual
- 2015/16 Annual Financial Report and/or 2015/16 Audit – found in school files
Registrations for the orientations must be received by July 17. To register, contact Micki Iverson by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone at (402) 471-1894. When registering, include the following information:
- site you will attend
- names of those attending
- your school district name
- your email address
- Janice Eret: (402) 471-2248 or email@example.com
- Bill Biven: (402) 471-0526 or firstname.lastname@example.org