How do you code costs related to retirements that are covered in the Early Retirement program our district offers?
The costs would be coded in the appropriate function code. The following examples to help determine the correct codes:
- 1100: if the retiring individual is considered Regular Education
- 1200: if the retiring individual is considered Special Education, the function code would be in the appropriate 1200 code,
- 2120: if retiring individual is the your guidance counselor
The object code depends on whether the district received State Board Approval for General Fund Expenditure Exclusion for these costs.
- 238: “Voluntary Termination Agreements” if the district did receive State Board Approval for an Expenditure Exclusion
- 239: “Early Retirement Contributions” if the district did not request State Board Approval for an Expenditure Exclusion