Data, Research and Evaluation Team
- NDE Helpdesk – Supporting the work of the Department and School Districts with data collections and submissions, technical questions, as well support for the multiple interfaces with Nebraska Schools. Specific support expertise includes the Nebraska Student and Staff Record System (NSSRS), the Grants Management System (GMS) and other NDE Portal applications. The NDE Help Desk will provide all users with a single, helpful, and friendly first point of contact for the Nebraska Department of Education web portal applications.
- Research and Evaluation – Focusing on conducting research and evaluation projects that support a deeper understanding of the data, best practice, and supports for improving teaching and learning in Nebraska schools. The research group is also heavily involved in supporting the training and technical assistance of Nebraska schools in submitting data as well as in promoting the use of data and training for data literacy, analysis, and use among ESUs, districts, and schools.
- Staff Data – Integrating the collection, refinement and use of the staff data to meet federal and state reporting requirements, ensuring effective integrations with programs (including teacher certification and school approval and accreditation), and working to publish a variety of useful reports are the primary responsibilities of the Staff Data work group.
- Student Data – The key focus of the Student Data work group includes ensuring the collection, refinement, and use of the student data to meet federal and state reporting requirements; the effective integration with programs; and taking the lead on the annual State of the Schools Report (SOSR) and the Data Reporting System (DRS).
- P-20 Data System – The integration of data sources across the spectrum for longitudinal analysis and reports provides an opportunity for information to inform both policy and practice. The efforts of the P-20 data systems include engagement of public postsecondary institutions in support of the long term engagement of student success.
State of the Schools: /state-of-the-schools-reports/
Data Reporting System: http://drs.education.ne.gov/Pages/default.aspx