Child care and early childhood education programs have access to many professional development opportunities through Step Up to Quality. Some trainings are free and some have a registration fee. Training opportunities include:
- Safe with You
- Management Training
- Getting Down to Business
- Early Learning Guidelines
- Environment Rating Scales
- Classroom Assessment and Scoring System
- Curriculum Training
Visit the Nebraska Early Childhood Training Calendar to find a current listing of trainings offered.
Step Up to Quality Orientation
The Early Childhood Training Center approves training used to satisfy child care licensing criteria, annual in-service and training needed for participation or advancement in Step Up to Quality. For more information on training approval, click here.
Early Learning Connection
Nebraska’s Early Learning Connection (ELC) is an integrated system of early childhood professional development. The ELC consists of a statewide hub at the Early Childhood Training Center and seven regional ELC partnerships, along with other state and regional partners. It is designed as a system that supports the career and professional development of all who provide programs and services for young children, birth to 8, that includes:
- Professional development for early childhood and school-age
- Supports for implementation utilizing early childhood coaches
- Program quality assessments
- Strategic planning with higher education and other adult learning organizations
- Community engagement and outreach
Click here for more information about ELC.