The Nebraska Department of Education is pleased to announce the 2019 competition for the Nebraska 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant Program, which is authorized under Title IV, Part B of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended. The postmark deadline for the 2019 grant competition is February 1, 2019. The 2019 application and technical assistance materials will be posted on this webpage by November 1, 2018.
Two types of 21st CCLC grants are available—(1) First-Time Grants for applicants proposing to serve eligible school building populations that have never been served by a 21st CCLC grant, and (2) Continuation Grants for applicants that have successfully implemented 21st CCLC programming for five years proposing to continue to provide a quality 21st CCLC program to those same eligible school building populations.
These grants support the establishment of community learning centers offering expanded learning opportunities in out-of-school time. The goals for the centers are to:
- improve overall student success and learning performance in one or more academic areas, through academic support and enrichment activities
- increase student social benefits and positive behavioral changes
- increase active and meaningful family and community engagement in supporting students’ education
A technical assistance grant writing workshop for First-Time grant applicants will be conducted November 7, 2018 – 9:30 a.m. CT, Nebraska State Office Building, 14th & “M” Streets, 6th Floor, V-Tel Conference Room, Lincoln. You may also participate in this workshop using technology.
- Join by Computer: To join from a PC or Mac computer click on the following web address: https://zoom.us/j/7014678551
- Join by Smart Device: You can join the meeting using a smart tablet or smart phone by opening the Zoom application (first time users must download Zoom from the apple or google store), select “join meeting” and enter the meeting ID number: 701 467 8551
- Join by Telephone: Dial 1 (646) 558-8656 and when asked enter in the Meeting ID: 701 467 8551
The PowerPoint presentation from this workshop is posted below. For grant application information or questions, contact Jan Handa, 402-471-0876, email@example.com.
2019 Application for a First-Time Grant (Deadline 02/01/19)
2019 Application for a Continuation Grant (Deadline 02/01/19)
2019 Technical Assistance for Applicants
Required Tables & Forms