Special Services Certificate Renewal
Educational Audiologist, School Nurse,
School Transition Specialist
- Submit Documents Verifing Recent Employement Experience or Approved College Credit
- Verification of Employment Experience form one year of experience in a Nebraska school system (automatic for Nebraska schools) OR
- OFFICIAL transcripts indicating completion of six pre-approved semester hours at an approved teacher education institution within five years prior to the date of application and in the special services endorsement area.
- Submit the On-Line Application Form and non-refundable Fee.
- Human Relations Training - IF the Human Relations Training requirement was not met previously, and you have held a Temporary Special Services certificate, the requirement must now be met for issuance of any other certificate. Human Relations Training can be met by submitting official transcripts indicating completion of a qualifying course; OR submitting for review a written narrative verifying acceptable employment experiences which include the required six skills.
To check Teacher Certification Records to verify Human Relations Training status: From the Teacher Certification Home Page at http://www.education.ne.gov/TCERT under Searches select Current Certificate, Enter the Name, select Lookup/Refresh and under View push the Select button next to the listed certificate.