(Areas of Specialization)
APPLICATION PROCESS TO ADD AN ENDORSEMENT TO A REGULAR NEBRASKA EDUCATOR'S CERTIFICATE IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Complete an online application located in the bottom left hand corner of our home page at www.education.ne.gov/tcert
- Pay the nonrefundable application fee indicated on the application.
- IF applying for the FULL endorsement, an institutional verification MUST be completed by the Certification Officer at the approved teacher education institution where the approved program was completed; and forward OFFICIAL transcripts indicating the coursework completed for the approved program.
- To Add a Provisional Endorsement, Fifty percent (50%) or more of the program must have already been completed in order to place the provisional endorsement on a valid regular Nebraska certificate; AND OFFICIAL transcripts of the coursework compled thus far, are also required. The Added PROVISIONAL Endorsement Form MUST be completed and signed by an authorized certification official of the teacher training institution where the program is being completed.
The Provisional Endorsement is valid for three years expiring on August 31st of the third year following issuance. This endorsement is not renewable.
- To Add the "generic" Provisional Special Education Endorsement – Completion of at least three semester hours in special education that is recognized by an approved teacher education institution is required. In addition to the Application for a Nebraska Educator's Certificate and fee, submit the following: the Added PROVISIONAL Endorsement Form signed by the Certification Officer at the approved teacher education institution where you will be completing a program in special education; the Affirmation of Eligibility form signed by you and the Superintendent of the employing school; and official transcripts indicating completion of at least three semester hours in special education as described above.
The "generic" Provisional Special Education endorsement is valid for three years expiring on August 31st of the third year following issuance. This endorsement can be renewed by completing a minimum of eighteen semester hours of approved coursework within the three years for which the endorsement is valid.
Should questions or concerns arise regarding this process, please feel free to contact the Teacher Certification office at (402) 471-0739 OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Teacher Certification HomePage