Management Training Program Factsheet
The Management Training Program ( MTP ) is receiving an enthusiastic response across Nebraska . This is an invitation for you to participate in the next series, starting in the fall.
Some facts about the Management Training Program:
- The MTP consists of twelve training sessions, plus the Orientation (2 hours) and Celebration (2 hours) sessions. Each session is 3.5 hours in length. The training sessions are planned throughout the school year calendar (September - May) usually meeting two times a month, or in some cases all day on Saturday - one session in the morning and one session in the afternoon). You must attend all sessions. Follow-up activities are also part of each module.
- The MTP modules consist of topics related to the business side of child care. Some of the topics covered in the MTP are: record keeping, budgets, insurance, taxes, health and safety policies, child development, partnerships with families, marketing, ethics, staffing, leadership, and public relations.
- The MTP is designed for child care centers, preschools, and family child care programs.
- Upon completion, participants will have developed their own policy and procedures manual for the program they represent. The manual is developed piece by piece with the completion of the assignments after each training session.
- The MTP costs $195 (checks payable to the NDE Early Childhood Training Center.) You may be eligible to receive reimbursement of $150 from Health and Human Services if you meet the criteria:
1-You need to be licensed
2-You must have an agreement to serve children and families on child care subsidy (Title XX), and
3-You are a director, assistant director, licensee, or a family child care provider and you have completed the Management Training Program.
- College credit (both undergraduate and graduate) is available for an additional fee paid directly to the college at the end of the MTP . This course also meets training requirements for the national CDA credential.
Participants receive a wealth of information from the materials, trainer, and other members in the program. It is an excellent opportunity to network and learn from each other.
Participants who have completed the MTP tell us the program has made a difference in their early childhood program.
This is your chance to be part of this exciting and worthwhile program. Complete the registration form, attach a check and return the information to the Early Childhood Training Center. Space is limited at each site.
For more information about the Management Training Program, call 402-557-6880 or 1-800-89-CHILD.
The Management Training Program is an activity of the NDE Early Childhood Training Center and is funded in part with federal CCDF funds made available through Nebraska Health and Human Services and Nebraska Department of Education.