National School Lunch Program - NSLP
As a part of the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act (HHFKA), USDA is developing professional standards for all school nutrition employees. The Proposed Rule was published in the Federal Register on February 4, 2014. Everyone is encouraged to read the rule and submit comments to USDA. Comment period is 60 days from date of publication.
- Where to comment:
- Online at www.regulations.gov
- Find Rule by Docket ID FNS-2011-0030
- By Mail: Julie Brewer, Branch Chief, Policy and Program Development Branch Child Nutrition Division, Food and Nutrition Service, P.O. box 66874, Saint Louis, MO 63166
- Deadline: April 4, 2014
- Proposed Rules - Professional Standards for State and Local School Nutrition Programs Personnel as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010.
- USDA Brochure.pdf
- USDA Professional Standards Proposed Rule Webinar - February 2014 click here to view the power point.
- Professional Standards for Child Nutrition Professionals Web site: http://prostand.bluepresley.com
- This site allows school nutrition staff to search for training that meets their learning needs.
- Power point on standards and using the website. Click here to view.