Official State of Nebraska website - Return to

Provisional Special Services Certificate Renewal

Educational Audiologist, School Nurse, School Psychologist , School Transition Specialist

  • Submit Documents Verifing Recent Approved College Credit
    1. Institutional Verification Form completed by the certification officer verifying at least six semester hours completed within the immediate past one year to fulfil some or all of the program requirements AND
    2. OFFICIAL transcripts indicating completion of six pre-approved semester hours at an approved teacher education institution within one year prior to the date of application and the coursework must fulfill some or all of the remaining program or endorsement requirements.

  • Submit the On-Line Application Form and non-refundable Fee.

  • Submit the bottom portion of the Agreement Statement signed by you and the Superintendent of Schools or the Local School Board of Education.

  • Human Relations Training - IF the Human Relations Training requirement was not met previously, and you have held a Temporary Special Services certificate, the requirement must now be met for issuance of any other certificate. Human Relations Training can be met by submitting official transcripts indicating completion of a qualifying course; OR submitting for review a written narrative verifying acceptable employment experiences which include the required six skills.
To check Teacher Certification Records to verify Human Relations Training status: From the Teacher Certification Home Page at, under Searches select Current Certificate, Enter the Name, select Lookup/Refresh and under View push the Select button next to the listed certificate.