- July: ED publishes annual criteria (Available at: http://www2.ed.gov/programs/green-ribbon-schools/index.html)
- September: States launch selection processes (See Nebraska School Application) (Nebraska District Application)
- January 1: Nebraska Applications postmarked by this date (1 original and 3 copies to James Blake)
- February 1: States submit nominees.
- *April 22: ED announces honorees.
- *July 22: ED hosts national recognition award ceremony.
- Nebraska School Application
- Nebraska District Application
- Public Information and Education Mini-Grant Awards (PIE Grants) http://nebraskaacademyofsciences.wildapricot.org/Default.aspx?pageId=1241623 --a potential funding source for initiatives fitting the Nebraska Environmental Trust Board Funding Categories in habitat, surface and ground water, waste management, air quality, and soil management.
- Highlights from 2013 Ed-Green Ribbon - Look to these models for ideas to include in your project, including ideas from the 2013 nominee from Nebraska: King Science and Technology Magnet Center, Omaha, NE
- GreenSchools Program from the Nebraska Public Power District: The GreenSchools Program is an environmental service-learning program that inspires students to take personal responsibility for improving the environment at their school, at home, and in their community. This is a great way to prepare your school to be a candidate for the ED/Green Ribbon Program as your school participates in five student led-investigations.