PRIVATE POSTSECONDARY CAREER SCHOOL ACT 1977
85-1601. Act, how cited. Sections 85-1601 to 85-1658 shall be known and may be cited as the Private Postsecondary Career School Act. (Laws 1977, 1990, 1993, 1994, 1995, and 1999.)
85-1602. Act, purpose. It is the purpose of the Private Postsecondary Career School Act to provide for the protection, education, and welfare of the citizens of the State of Nebraska, its private postsecondary career schools, and its students by:
(1) Establishing minimum standards concerning quality of education, ethical and business practices, health and safety, and fiscal responsibility in order to protect against substandard, transient, unethical, deceptive, or fraudulent schools and practices;
(2) Prohibiting the granting of false educational credentials;
(3) Prohibiting misleading literature, advertising, solicitation, or representation by schools or their agents;
(4) Providing the preservation of essential records; and
(5) Providing certain rights and remedies to the consuming public and the board necessary to effectuate the purposes of the act.