Announcements and New Items
This is the page where you will find information about new publications, grant announcements, new web pages, and anything new to our website. Check back regularly to find out what's new!
2013 Administrators' Days PowerPoint
Please view the Office of Early Childhood's PowerPoint that will be presented at Administrators' Days here.
First Connections - Revised and Improved
When First Connections opened in 2000, it was a state of the art professional development opportunity. There has been much new research and learning about infant and toddler development since then and the NDE Office of Early childhood is committed to providing the most current and relevant information for early childhood professionals. To that end, NDE has embarked on a revision of First Connections. Please review the following information carefully.
Effective at midnight August 1, 2013, new registrations for First Connections will no longer be accepted. All currently registered users must complete the First Connections course by December 31, 2013.
Beginning November 1, 2013, the revised First Connections course will open. New with the revision will be a small fee. Participants will have 90 days to complete the course.
Since the revision will be considerably different from the current First Connections, credit will be given to anyone who previously completed the course upon completion of the revised course.
Watch for more information early October. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact Linda Meyers at 402-471-2980 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sixpence Grant Application Information
Please visit the Sixpence website for more information, guidelines and requirements you need to know when applying for a Sixpence grant.
Environment Rating Scale dates for 2014
ERS dates have been added to the Events Calendar. Further details can be found at http://www.education.ne.gov/oec/train/ers/ers.html
Results Matter (9/12/12)
Attached are three new NDE Results Matter resources to help guide the implementation of the GOLD child assessment system In your early childhood programs. These resources were created by a workgroup of early childhood and early childhood special education teachers and administrators this summer. We thank them immensely for their contribution of time, knowledge and experience!
- GOLD Time Saving Strategies
- GOLD Fact Sheet for Teachers and Providers
- GOLD Fact Sheet for Administrators
Ready for Success: What Families Want to Know about Starting School in Nebraska (8/30/12)
The Nebraska Department of Education is excited to share a new resource, which addresses questions about kindergarten that families commonly ask. To access “Ready for Success: What Families Want to Know about Starting School in Nebraska”:
- An annotated bibliography on the topic of health and physical development has been created. (posted 5/24/12)
- State Board of Education approves grants for new, expanded early childhood programs. (posted 5/21/12)
- The Early Childhood Education in Nebraska Public School Districts and Educational Service Units 2010-2011 report is now available.
- The annotated bibliographies of media materials on the topics of nutrition, preschoolers, and guidance, including information on bullying, have been updated.
- NDE is moving to a single assessment system for Results Matter.