Announcements and New Items
This is the page where you will find information about new publications, grant announcements, new web pages, and anything new to our website. Check back regularly to find out what's new!
New - Come to Kearney to learn from three dynamic National Presenters before they head to the National "I Can Teach K!" Conference in Las Vegas, NV!
16th Annual Kindergarten Conference: Planting Seeds for Success, "Acquire New Tools For Your Teaching Toolbox. July 10th & 11th, 2013. For registration information click here.
New - Sixpence Grant Application Information
Please visit the Sixpence website for more information, guidelines and requirements you need to know when applying for a Sixpence grant.
Pyramid Model Implementation Academy (EC-PBIS)
June 4 - 6, 2013 at the Holiday Inn in Kearney. For more information click here.
Environment Rating Scale dates for 2013
ERS dates have been added to the Events Calendar. Further details can be found at http://www.education.ne.gov/oec/train/ers/ers.html
|April||16, 17, 18||North Platte|
|June||11, 12, 13||Omaha|
|October||1, 2, 3||Grand Island|
|November||4, 5, 6||Lincoln|
|December||3, 4, 5||South Sioux City|
Results Matter (9/12/12)
Attached are three new NDE Results Matter resources to help guide the implementation of the GOLD child assessment system In your early childhood programs. These resources were created by a workgroup of early childhood and early childhood special education teachers and administrators this summer. We thank them immensely for their contribution of time, knowledge and experience!
- GOLD Time Saving Strategies
- GOLD Fact Sheet for Teachers and Providers
- GOLD Fact Sheet for Administrators
Ready for Success: What Families Want to Know about Starting School in Nebraska (8/30/12)
The Nebraska Department of Education is excited to share a new resource, which addresses questions about kindergarten that families commonly ask. To access “Ready for Success: What Families Want to Know about Starting School in Nebraska”:
- An annotated bibliography on the topic of health and physical development has been created. (posted 5/24/12)
- State Board of Education approves grants for new, expanded early childhood programs. (posted 5/21/12)
- The Early Childhood Education in Nebraska Public School Districts and Educational Service Units 2010-2011 report is now available.
- The annotated bibliographies of media materials on the topics of nutrition, preschoolers, and guidance, including information on bullying, have been updated.
- NDE is moving to a single assessment system for Results Matter.