National School Lunch Program - NSLP
School Meals Training
Training for new school food service managers is now in two parts.
School Meals 101 - Video of September Workshop
It's not just cooking anymore. This session is required to get new managers started out right and a great refresher course for the experienced manager.
- Menu planning methods
- Enhanced meal patterns for breakfast and lunch
- Food components
- Offer versus serve
- Portion control
- Production records
School Meals 102
A continuation of School Meals 101, this training is also necessary for new school food service managers and valuable information for the experienced manager.
- Calculating meal pattern contribution from recipes
- Standardizing and adjusting recipes
- Modifying menus and recipes to meet nutrient standards
- Saving time on record keeping - express records
- Current trends in school meals programs
If any participants require a sign language interpreter, alternate formats of print materials or wheelchair accessibility, please notify our office at least two weeks prior to the workshop date at (402) 471-2488 or (800) 731-2233.