Nebraskans support the objectives of Career Education< Back
A 2010 survey of 535 Nebraskans indicates strong support for types of programs that Nebraska Career Education provides for students and communities:
- A substantial number of Nebraskans say that economic activity in their area is directly tied to the education their local students receive.
- The majority of Nebraska believe that teaching student entrepreneurial skills is important for the future of the state’s economy.
- Large proportions of respondents said they would favor a system of high schools that focused on specific careers.
- Nebraskans feel that the most important criterion for course content should be based on the skills required in the workplace.
- The majority of Nebraskans believe that teaching students entrepreneurial skills is important for the future of the state’s economy.
To view the full report and research summary, please click here.