Limited English Guidance
The Nebraska Department of Education receives funding under Title III based on the number of LEP and Immigrant youth identified by schools in the state. In turn, districts receive funds based on the number of students identified.
- Use of Interpreters and Supplement not Supplant, April 2011 Webinar, US Dept of Education (pdf of PowerPoint)
- Supplement Not Supplant July 21, 2010 webinar (pdf of PowerPoint)
- Guidance on Standard and Assessment (March 2003). Non-regulatory draft designed to help states, districts and schools understand the implements of requirements as related to standards and assessment.
- Inclusion of LEP Students in Accountability: Federal Register September 2006
- Clarification of Title III, LEP Funds: U.S. Department of Education: April 2006
- Non-Regulatory Assessment and Accountability for Recently Arrived and Former Limited English Proficient (LEP) Students: U.S. Department of Education, May 2007
- Non-Regulatory Guidance on Title III State Formula Grant Program: Part II Standards, Assessment and Accountability: U.S. Department of Education, February 2003
- Supplement Not Supplant Provision of Title III of the ESEA: U.S. Department of Education, 2008
- Title III Equitable Services for Nonpublic Schools Power Point (May 2011)
- English Language Acquisition, Language Enhancement and Academic Achievement: Private Schools and Teachers: U.S. Department of Education, June 2009