Best Practices Newsletters
The HSTW Annual Summer Staff Development Conference draws more than 7,000 teachers, principals, district leaders, and educational experts to address current issues in high school and middle grades education and best practices being implemented in schools. HSTW has developed a series of online newsletters to feature "best practices" presented at the annual conference.
The newsletters are organized around the conference objectives, and each newsletter contains strategies that are providing real results in High Schools That Work (HSTW), Making Middle Grades Work (MMGW), and Technology Centers That Work (TCTW) schools.
The purpose of these newsletters is to help strengthen your efforts to prepare middle grades and high school students for success in postsecondary studies and careers. As you read these newsletters and share them with staff members, consider ways in which these practices could be implemented in your school to improve student achievement and school and classroom practices. Each newsletter contains the name and e-mail address of a person to contact should you want further information about a given practice. Click on a topic below to download the newsletter.
You can also find the newsletter by going to the SREB Web site at www.sreb.org. Select High Schools That Work from the "SREB Programs" menu and then select "Newsletters and Presentations."
If you would like to be added to the announcement list about the newsletters, please send your name, title, school, address, and e-mail address to Leonard Wandu at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not want to receive further announcements, please notify Leonard.
- 11v20w - Address New, Rigorous Core State Standards Through English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies and Career/Technical Courses (pdf)
- 11v10w - Research-Proven Instructional Strategies Engage, Motivate and Support Students in Meeting Higher Standards (pdf)
- 11v08w - Curricular and Instructional Programs Engage Students in Learning - Emotionally, Intellectually, Socially and Behaviorally (pdf)
- 11v06w - Career/Technical Courses Meet 21st-Century Standards in Equipping Students for Further Study, Training and the Workplace (pdf)
- 11v03w - Middle Grades and High Schools Use Effective Strategies to Prepare Students for Challenging High School Studies (pdf)
- 11v02w - Schools Break the Mold to Produce Graduates Ready for Success in College and Careers (pdf)