School District Budgeting
2014/15 New Superintendent Budget Orientations
These Orientations are designed to assist "new" superintendents, business managers, and bookkeepers to gain a better understanding of school finance. All superintendents, business managers, and bookkeepers are also welcome to attend these Orientations to become more comfortable with the basics of school finance. These Orientations will be held at two sites:
Tuesday, July 22; 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sioux Conference Room
Holiday Inn Express
300 Holiday Frontage Road
Thursday, July 24; 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Large Conference Room-5th Floor
Lincoln Community Foundation Bldg.
215 Centennial Mall South, Suite 100
Participants should bring the documents listed below to the Orientation. We will refer to these documents throughout the day.
- New Superintendent Orientation Materials [available by July 18]
- Slide Show
- 2014/15 School District Budget Form (Auditor of Public Accounts website)
- 2014/15 Budget Text
- 2014 Users’ Manual [available by July 1]
- 2012/13 Annual Financial Report - found in school files
Registrations for the orientations must be received by July 18. To register, contact Micki Iverson by email (email@example.com) or by telephone at (402) 471-1894. When registering, include the following information:
- site you will attend
- names of those attending
- your school district name
- your email address
- Janice Eret: (402) 471-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org