Implementing the Plan
It is important to regularly monitor curriculum alignment for adherence to changes in priorities, goals, or standards. If the curriculum has recently been revised, use the following guiding questions:
- Have teachers had professional development to maximize the effective implementation of the aligned curriculum?
- Is there ample time for teachers to meet across all grade levels within each content area to discuss implementation of curriculum?
- Are teachers new to the district or new to their content area given opportunities to learn about the pre K-12 aligned curriculum?
- Are teachers using the aligned curriculum to focus their teaching and classroom practices?
- Is the district regularly monitoring and reviewing the curriculum in all content areas for curriculum trends, best practices, etc.?
- Does the data reflect an increase in student learning in the prioritized curriculum area(s)?
- Have systems been identified to provide support for those students who are struggling?
- Have families and community partners been given an opportunity for input on the alignment process?
- Has the district Identified steps for continual improvement in curriculum alignment?