Implementing the Plan
Review the baseline family/community engagement data collected when the Profile was created. What were the major goals/objectives of your action plan? Has progress been documented? Using the same assessment tools, with the same partners (staff, families and community members) to represent multiple perspectives, do a re-evaluation. Examine results in all areas and sub-areas. Reflect on individual strategies/practices to determine which were the most effective. Share and discuss the evaluation with your team, as the results become more meaningful when observed from different perspectives. Be sure to include family members. If goals are accomplished, set new ones, or extend the goal a little higher.
As you implement it is not necessary to wait until the end of the year to evaluate. Ongoing evaluation provides timely feedback. Check continually, reflecting on the progress (or lack of progress) and adjusting the plan or the strategies. For example, if staff recorded contacts with families on a documentation log as a means of improving 2-way communication, those could be reviewed monthly by staff. Continually share progress with staff, families and the community; request feedback and celebrate!
- Did you record baselines?
- How are progress and process toward family and community engagement documented?
- How is progress shown or measured?
- Which activities and strategies for family and community engagement worked well?
- What unexpected outcomes occurred?
- What adjustments or improvements need to be made to move forward and achieve goals?
- As a result of this information, what are the next steps to take in the plan?
To continue the continuous improvement process, click on:
Creating the Profile