School Counselors analyze how time is used within the program. A master calendar of events is developed and published to effectively plan and promote the school counseling program.
Use of Time | Calendars Criteria
- Total time spent in each delivery system component is compared to recommended use of time according to research and national standards.
- A time study is conducted and analyzed along with the program results to determine delivery system priorities.
- A list of appropriate system support activities are assigned while limiting the amount of non-counseling tasks.
- Master calendar identifies targeted domain goals, grade levels, dates and activities.
- Master calendar is published and distributed to students, staff, parents, and community.
- School counselor's weekly/monthly schedule is posted.
Tools for Use of Time | Calendar
Delivery System Chart including Use of Time percentages form (PDF)