The mission articulates the intention of the school counseling programs. It represents the immediate and long term desired impact for every student into the future. The mission statement is the avenue to make clear the relationship between the educational system, school improvement and the school counseling program.
Mission Statement Criteria
- A mission statement has been written for the school counseling program
- Written with the student as the primary client
- Written for all students
- Indicates the content to be learned
- Integral to the vision, goals and mission of the state and local school district
- Indicates the long term results for all schools
Nebraska School Counseling Program Mission Statement:
To empower all students to reach their maximum potential in the areas of academic, career, and personal/social development.
The three domains of the school counseling standards are also refered to as student goals for learning, earning and living.