2013-2014 Testing Dates
ELDA - English Language Development Assessment Window: February 10-March 21, 2014
2014 NeSA Reading-Math-Science Window: March 24-May 9, 2014
NeSA-W writing Prompts
NeSA-W Reports Training
NeSA W Reports Training (WebEx)
Standards, Assessment, and Accountability
SAA Update 13 April 2014
INSIGHT Software Update Training
INSIGHT Software Update WebEx Training (recording)
INSIGHT Update Training (powerpoint)
2014 NeSA RMS Test Administration Training
2014 NeSA RMS Online Test Administration Training (powerpoint)
The Nebraska State Board of Education voted unanimously on January 7, 2014 in support of revision of the current Nebraska Performance Accountability System based on NePAS 1.1--Background and Proposal of Framework, a document that provides the background for state accountability in Nebraska and gives a framework for the revision of current NePAS. The document is the result of the work of the NDE Statewide Assessment office, NDE leadership, and the Nebraska Board of Education Accountability Committee.
The work was guided by three goals:
- To develop an effective system that provides fair accountability for schools in order to enhance opportunity to learn for every student in every school in Nebraska
- To partner with school districts to provide support for improved student learning
- To partner with the Legislature by providing NePAS 1.1--Background and Proposal of Framework to guide NDE as it moves forward.
Details of combining the measures, determining weights, measuring growth and improvement have not been determined, and much conversation and collaboration will take place in the state as NDE works with districts and policy partners to determine the system design. The timeline for development and implementation is currently being determined and will provide ample opportunity for all districts to give input to the NePAS design.
Access NeSA Online Tools Training with Google Chrome
Publicly accessible versions of the DRC INSIGHT test engine and the NeSA Online Tools Training are available. Please copy the link below into Google Chrome to access these practice opportunities. Note that Google Chrome is the only supported browser for the public version of the DRC INSIGHT Test engine.
NeSA Video Tutorials
Tutorials for NeSA- Reading, Math Science, and Writing are short videos meant to introduce students to the INSIGHT software. Available in English and Spanish, they are accessible
- from a shortcut on your desktop if you have INSIGHT software installed on your computer,
- through eDirect in Test Setup, or
- from the direct link http://assets.drcedirect.com/States/NE/Tutorials/Student/201301/201301.html
Tutorials are provided for every grade tested in each subject; each tutorial is approximately eleven minutes.
2013 Recent Updates